Give Up The Goods
Frank or Leon as his jump offs call him has/is/and will continue to invogorate the blogsposphere. He's got a top 5 list thing going on over there and at his instruction, I and his other blog fam are to compile are top 5's. HEEEERE WE GO!
5 SCHOOLGIRL CRUSHES NO LONGER ON THE HUSH
(This isn't what Frank said but since dearest knows about google and the blog I made it less suggestive)
1. Morris Chestnut
2. Cedric the Entertainer (The quintessential renaissance man.)
(M edged out BV on the strength of his height and, for the record, I'm undeterred by rumors about his preferences.)
4. Bobby Valentino
5. Professional International Football (as in soccer) player.
If no one emerges out of the upcoming World Cup then I'll settle for a rugby player. What y'all know about Foster's, "Tubthumper", meat pies, illegal cigarettes, and the 1997 Hong Kong Seven's Champs? Unless you're my Fijian homie for life Su or R or K, I suspect, not a damn thing.
5 PEOPLE WHO MADE THAT INEVITABLE TRANSITION THAT I WOULD LIKE TO MEET
2. Gwendolyn Brooks
3. Sojourner Truth
4. Zora Neale Hurston
5. Madam CJ Walker (To personally thank her for her hair straightening innovation.)
5 PEOPLE I’D LIKE TO BE STUCK IN AN ELEVATOR WITH AT THE SAME TIME
2. Chris Rock
3. Pearl Cleage
4. Paul Beatty
5. Cheri Oteri
5 THINGS YOU’D PROBABLY NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME
I'm not as frank as Frank nor have I had as exciting a life (I can't compete with paralysis or Say What Karaoke?) not to mention all the really good stuff--I have some unbelieveably good dirt on myself--that you'll never guess will remain a closely guarded secret but...
1. My right knee is permanently damaged from a freek heel clicking accident in between Cosby and the Fine arts bldg circa '98.
2. I was the best heel clicker in the world.
3. It hurts my heart that I can barely click my heels anymore.
4. I almost ALWAYS lie to make a story more interesting.
5. I may not have been the best heel clicker in the world but I was the best in greater Atlanta, the HK SAR, and Washington state.
Bonus-I talk to myself cause there is no one to talk to. People ask me why I do what I do.
So since Frank passed the baton on this post. I want to pass the baton back since he is an expert. Have you seen RIZE? What did you think? Did you see similarlities between Ball culture? What did you think about the silences with regard to sexuality?
Nota Bene: I'm fully aware that no one reading this supposedly revelatory exercise will know me any better than before and that's the way I intended it. Just step.