lundi, décembre 06, 2004

Past Paradise

Can a person think too much? I want to say no but I could be wrong. I've been wrong about a lot. And that pattern's been shaken my core. I realized this in a marathon conversation with my sis last night. I used to wear my hair short. I could never ever do that now. I used to repeatedly dive into new settings. I'm afraid now. I used to think I was intelligent and somewhat worthy but life in the big apple has taken a serious toll. I guess I have never had to deal with so much hardship, so many no's, and so little support. I miss my Mama.

Oh don't it seem to go that you don't know what it's got till its gone. There are so many people who I didn't appreciate until now. People who are the reason for the season of jah. This might me the season of nahs. The seemingly incessant winter of my discontent. Can you tell I found out I didnt get a job I was vying for? If you don't know, now you know.

Holler at a playa when you see me on the street trick! I could really use some positive energy.

1 commentaire:

  1. Not that my words are what you need now but i'm still in a state of procrastination (so much so i really do wonder what i'll be giving dr. k on thursday) and your page is a most delightful diversion. you are the bomb kid! all those no's mean something of course, which you know but of course, as you also know, that doesn't make them sting any less. try this on though:

    the no's are part of an elaborate government plot to keep you from getting a by line in a major publication. your work is too adept at bridging the jargon of the theoretical world of academia with the popular vernacular of the people. the danger in such text is apparent and this is just an effort on the part of the man to keep you from inciting the revolution with your formidble writing skills.

    keep your head up!

    RépondreSupprimer