vendredi, décembre 07, 2007

Là-bas

detour sign
Slow here. A bit busier over there. New stuff over at VIBE...

+Grammy gripes.

+So you want to be a soulsinger?! Be advised, increasingly negresses need not apply.

+Dave Chappelle and I sorta go back. BTW, I been meaning to somehow incorporate Chappelle into my Black middle class work. I knew his mom to be a cleric and scholar of note but was unaware of his maternal grandfather's accomplishments.

+For the first time since I left the nest, I'm not going home for Christmas. I'm a miss my mama 'n dem but I need the vacation time to chill and regroup, and the ticket money to get my finances straight (tix are sky high, I won't borrow take more money from my sis and mom for this and I'm saving my frequent flier miles for London). So I bought a tree, put up lights and made a little list of Christmas songs to keep me in the right frame of mind.