vendredi, janvier 05, 2007

TGIF

+So so tired and busy but for posterity's sake I must document the embarassment I'm currently feeling for selecting Pharrell & Kanye's "No. 1" from my iTunes library and....playing it. The adlib extravaganza is horrid, I know, but its got a refreshing levity and it's funny.

+My iPod's broken again. I'm still on warranty but it's fucking impossible to get an appt. at that damn Genius Bar. The weather is so nice it's a bitch I can't enjoy a nice soundtracked cross-borough walk.

+Before I forget, anyone know of a relatively quiet public place, restaurant maybe, in the city with an impressive Hudson or East river view? I'm looking for somewhere to sit and journal my intentions for 2007 and I'd quite like to see water-one thing I do love about Seattle.

+I've been breaking out lately and its very uncharacteristic. I think it might be hormonal because I've never had this issue. Is there literature on women changing skin types in their twenties? This is very bothersome. I pretty muched stopped wearing make up when I was 20 (Have I mentioned when I pulled out half my eyelashes after being startled while using a Shu Uemura eyelash curler? Not fun.) since I figured I would look better more of the time if I didn't wear make up since when one wears make-up, one looks better, one inevitably looks worse without it. By not wearing makup there's no worse or better just JB. Plus it saves time in the morn'.

+And here's some info on a free event in Harlem tonight feat. Amiri Baraka. I would go but I'm so so tired.
Harlem: AMIRI BARAKA, SATURDAY, FREE!
Body: First Friday Series: Amiri Baraka

Friday, January 5, 2007 @ 5:00 pm
FREE!

Amiri Baraka, has had a long and distinguished career as a poet, fiction writer, activist, and provocateur. SOH celebrates his new book Tales of the Out & the Gone, a collection of previously unpublished short stories spanning almost 30 years, from 1974 to 2003. AMIRI BARAKA is the author of numerous books of poetry, fiction, and nonfiction. He was named Poet Laureate of New Jersey by the New Jersey Commission on Humanities, from 2002-2004. His last two books of poetry,

Somebody Blew Up America & Other Poems and Un Poco Low Coup, received tremendous critical acclaim. He and his wife, Amina Baraka, have run the arts space Kimako's Blues People in Newark for the past fifteen years. In 2001, Mr. Baraka was inducted into the American Academy of Arts & Letters. He also won the James Weldon Johnson medal for outstanding contribution to the Arts. Amiri and Amina Baraka live in Newark, New Jersey.

5pm - 7pm. RSVP at 212.234.5944 or 212SOHARLEM

Straight Out of Harlem is located at 704 St. Nicholas Avenue, North of 145th Street
A/B/C/D to 145th Street.