lundi, mai 09, 2005

Congratulations...



...I thought it would have been me.

Props to the girl Devin for walking across that stage this morning. She now has a masters degree in music performance. The best black gymnast next to Dominique Dawes, she's been soaking up the spotlight (proof: she has 613 google hits and counting) for some time now but has since focused her sights on singing and acting translation: superstardom. We were roomies in Paris (Quartier Latin/Rue de L'Arbalete) in the veritable vortex that was the summer of 2001 and now we're trying to do it real big in the city of dreams.

So feel free to speculate on my matriculative status. I'm not thinking about it I have other things on my mind like work, my internship and other unpaid endeavors, transcendental meditation, inner preservation, transcontinental destinations, covet worthy decorations and the like. This is like the first time in my life I've had trouble completing something and what's so ironic is the lowest grade I got at NYU is an A- and that was from Robin Kelley so it doesn't count so why can't I just f#@king finish this and get the f#@k up out of here? Well I'm not even gonna attempt to answer it cause I don't want to think about it. And please don't tell my mama!


But for real D, congratulations, forget hope, I *know* you're gonna be happy!